Monday, March 30, 2009

Welcome SPC 1060 Classmates!

For those of you who are visiting today from my Public Speaking class (SPC 1060) with Mr. Repici, thank you for visiting this blog. I will, throughout the day today, and over the course of the next few days, be adding some more content. Feel free to use the "subscribe to this blog" link to get email alerts on new posts or add the feed to your preferred feed reader.

For those of you who don't use a feed reader, may I suggest you sign up for a Google Reader account- you can index all your favorite websites' RSS feeds into a single web-based reader you can access from anywhere.

Now, if you came here wondering what you can do for free to help save water, I will be posting a blog update later today with details on just that- stay tuned!


Also, everyone who gave speeches today- Good job guys! I particularly liked the speeches about...
* downloading music online (I have a 240 GB music collection of both live and studio tracks)
* working in restaraunts (though I learned some... different "life lessons" than you did, LOL)
* adopting animals (my nearly 4' green iguana was a skinny, starved little 7" rescue lizard with MBD. :D)
* older drivers (I drive pretty... leisurely, but old people can REALLY drive me nuts with their creeping pace!)
* Sugar gliders (cute, fuzzy, curious little marsupials are just interesting- awesome visual aid too)
* College football playoffs (I always thought the bowl games WERE playoffs... but I'm a geek, so I guess some confusion about sports is allowed.)
* Planning your route before you leave home (I used to be terrible at this, until I got lost in Indiana a few years ago- now I ALWAYS know where I'm going! Fool me once, etc...)

Those were just the ones that struck a personal "oh, I can relate" chord with me. Everyone who spoke today (okay, except maybe one guy) was well prepared with good research and visual aids, and delivered good speeches. Can't wait for debates, now, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment